Church of England schools offer high quality education within a Christian context. They are in the main community schools with a Christian character serving the needs of the local area.
As with all maintained schools in England they:
- teach Religious Education in line with the locally agreed syllabus (Voluntary Aided schools are able to set their own syllabus but the vast majority of our schools follow the locally agreed one)
- hold acts of collective worship every day
In addition, Church of England Schools provide:
- education underpinned by Christian values
- a culture guided by the Christian way of life
- care of each individual as a unique part of God's creation
- close links with the community
- partnership with the local Anglican church and congregation.
To find a church school in the Diocese of Winchester, search using our list of schools: