Thinking of visiting Hampshire?
Winchester-Southampton-The New Forest-Basingstoke-Alton-Beaulieu-Andover-Whitchurch
People have been making pilgrimages for centuries to the cathedral and churches in these counties and continue to do so, finding spiritual renewal and revitalisation from their time in the buildings, enjoying the beauty of their settings and taking inspiration from the people who worship in them now.
There are over 400 Anglican churches in the Diocese of Winchester (most of Hampshire and part of East Dorset). These churches cover history from 907 to the present day and each has a unique connection with its local population and history.
(Find a church near you) is a national resource to help you to locate churches. We hope that you will enjoy and be enriched by exploring these holy places. Please always check on each churches' website for details of opening times and local contacts, to use, please click on the link below.
You can also download leaflets below, created on a series of themes.
- Hampshire churches and St Alphege (pdf)
- Hampshire churches and rivers (pdf)
- Hampshire churches and The Pilgrims Way (pdf)
- Hampshire churches and famous people (pdf)
- Hampshire churches in and around Andover Town (North) (pdf)
- Hampshire churches in and around Andover Town (South) (pdf)
- Hampshire churches of the Dever Valley (pdf)
- Hampshire churches of the Test Valley (pdf)
- Hampshire churches of the New Forest (pdf)
- Hampshire churches of Basingstoke N1(pdf)
- Hampshire churches of Basingstoke N2 (pdf)
Please find below a link to the web site of Winchester Cathedral which we hope will assist you in planning a visit to this inspirational building which has been a centre for worship for over 1000 years.
Romsey Abbey and Christchurch Priory
And these are the "greater churches" in this Diocese.
Keep up to date with the latest news from around Winchester Diocese, using the links below.
Do you have a story for us? It could not be easier to tell us your news and spread the message across the Diocese. Simply click the button below.
The power of possibility