Common Worship Lectionary app launched
5 February 2013
THE ESSENTIAL DIGITAL ACCOMPANIMENT to the Church of England’s Lectionary of daily readings and services is now available as an app for iPad.
The new Lectionary app provides the Common Worship lectionary readings in full with live links to Bible passages in the New Revised Standard Version.
Developed by Aimer Media, the Lectionary app enables users to:
- Read the full text of all Bible readings set for every day in the Church’s calendar
- Access the Collect and Post-Communion Prayers for the week at the touch of a button.
- Mark and annotate records - ideal for sermon-writing and service planning
- Browse the Lectionary by Date, Season, Event – or all three
- Find full details of when seasons, Principal Feasts and Festivals (Saints’ days) occur and which liturgical colours are appropriate for the day.
Lectionary: The Official Common Worship Calendar from the Church of England is available to download at iTunes at http://itun.es/i6JP7V8 and includes a free 14-day subscription. Before or after the trial subscription has finished, users can sign up to one of two choices of three-monthly subscriptions – one with and one without access to the NRSV readings.
How it works
Keep up to date with the latest news from around Winchester Diocese, using the links below.
Do you have a story for us? It could not be easier to tell us your news and spread the message across the Diocese. Simply click the button below.
Bishop of Winchester calls on Government to continue investment in higher education: ‘a public good for the common good’
Bishop's speech in full
Winchester Diocesan Synod has voted in favour of the amended draft legislation to allow the Consecration of Women in the Episcopate