After good bonding time on the coaches, and a scenic tour of the M1, everyone finally arrived and it felt GREAT to be here together in Swanwick. +David welcomed everyone, including our Diocesan -Sheep – to be named – watch this space. +Tim opened the conference, inspiring us that God wants to fill us with his fullness, and this fullness is not just for us, but for the whole world. +Graham challenged us that making disciples is at the heart of mission and that mission forms disciples.
After tea the energetic and charismatic duo of Rachel Jordan-Wolf and Roy Crowne spoke about the work they had done looking at perceptions of Jesus, and we were all challenged that 67% of non Christians know a Christian already. After supper, another charismatic double act – what do you call a pair of suffragans? Bishops Jonathan and David spoke about the Archdeaconry Mission Action Plan – Growing Authentic Disciples – and on our tables we discussed the priorities for the Diocese – Novena Prayer, Alpha/ Pilgrim courses and Higher and Further Education chaplaincy. All ably facilitated by Jill Garrett – how does she get feedback from 24 tables in 15 minutes? We finished the day in the beautifully candle lit chapel with Compline together. A blessed start to our week.
Alison Coulter, Chair of the House of Laity
- Read Bishop Graham’s keynote address here, download his presentation here or listen again to his address.
- Download Bishop Tim’s Presidential address here or listen again to it.
- Download Rachel Jordan-Wolf and Roy Crowne’s presentation here or listen again to it.
- Listen again to Bishop David and Bishop Jonathan’s presentation.
- Relive the day on social media here.
To livestream the podcasts or download the audio files for today, and each day of the conference, click here.