Date(s) - 15/03/2017
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Old Alresford Place
Domestic Abuse is far more prevalent than we may realise. The statistics below give some indication of this:
- 1 in 4 women experience physical assault by a current or former partner
- Between 1 in 9 and 1 in 10 women experience domestic abuse in a year
- Every week 2 women are killed by their current or former partners
- One quarter of all violent crimes are domestic abuse
- 60% of female mental health service users have experienced domestic abuse – most had no psychiatric symptoms before the violence
- 3 in 5 children in every classroom have witnessed domestic abuse
- 1 in 3 child protection cases show a history of domestic abuse
There is much written in both the Christian and secular press that suggests that Christian theology and church teaching has colluded with violence against women and children.
What would you do if someone came to see you about an issue of domestic abuse?
Domestic Violence does happen today. It is perpetrated and experienced by members of our churches.
The first step is to be informed.
To book a place or for more information contact our Safeguarding Administartor Siona Jeffery:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 01962 737347