The Revd Gordon Randall, Stewardship Adviser
Tel: 01962 737323
Gordon has been Stewardship Adviser for the diocese since 2000. His passion is encouraging those who follow Jesus to recognise, that in the managing of our resources (principally our time, talents and money), we are really being asked to look after what God has entrusted to us. He sees this stewarding of God's resources as an outworking of our discipleship that helps us grow in our faith and extend God's Kingdom.
Help and services available to parishes
Gordon offers advice, support, training and practical hands on help to parishes in the following areas:
- Facilitating parishes seeking to embrace and encourage their stewardship of time, talents and money. Using exciting initiatives such as Giving in Grace, Giving for Life, TRIO, The Money Revolution, The Stewardship Toolkit for Rural Churches, etc, and/or helping a parish to develop an approach that fits specifically with their circumstances.
- Training and on-going support for Parish Stewardship Promoters.
- Facilitating parish 'Vision Days' as a mechanism for helping parishes better discern God's way forward for them and as a means of releasing resources for growth.
- Preaching and teaching Christian Stewardship particularly in relation to giving.
- Help and advice for parishes wishing to encourage members of their church family to write or review their will and also consider leaving a gift in their will to their church.
- Presentations and talks on Christian Stewardship that offer interaction and discussion with opportunities for people to reflect upon this aspect of their discipleship.
- Help and advice in relation to the promotion of Gift Aid.
- Help and advice for parishes wishing to engage in some form of capital fundraising project.
- Any enquiries in relation to Christian Stewardship or Gift Aid!
- Helping parishes who wish to engage with Caring for God's creation (primarily through the Diocesan Environmental Policy and Diocesan Environmental Award Scheme).
Keep up to date with the latest news from around Winchester Diocese, using the links below.
Do you have a story for us? It could not be easier to tell us your news and spread the message across the Diocese. Simply click the button below.
New legislative proposals to enable women to become bishops have been published
The Southampton Council of Faiths has issued the following statement:
Minstead holds special service to commemorate 716 Company Alms Dish
New era outlined by the newly elected Chair of Churches Together in Winchester
Prayers and liturgical material for 60th anniversary of Coronation of The Queen
Jersey Church safeguarding inquiry update
Churchwardens admitted by Bishop at celebratory service
Slight growth in Diocese as national statistics published.
5% set to rise to 20% - ACT NOW
The Churches of Nursling and Rownhams have achieved their Diocesan Environmental Gold Award